Pages

Sunday 14 September 2014

First post with the MacBook Pro...

Hah! After a very long time I am taking part in any blogging event, due to the damage of my desktop I was unable to take part in anything online. So I was looking for a laptop from a long time. I searched for many brands but nothing caught my eye personally and finally I chose the one big brand Apple. Yah, I brought an Apple Macbook Pro. So now I can do all this freaking things that I was missing from past few months.

And here is my first post for Write Tribe's 100 words on Saturday...

*****

Start writing, no matter what. The water does not flow until the faucet is turned on.
― Louis L’Amour
.....

This is a very true saying by Louis l'Amour. Mostly people get stuck at the moment they sit for writing, because they can't find any topic to write on...

Here is the trick you just got to start writing. I mean anything that comes to your mind. Whether it is about what you have done today or a close memory that you remember. or just start writing about how you are stuck and can't find a topic.

Whatever it is, just start writing, and when you do that hundreds of new ideas will start coming to your brain, and you will find yourself in a situation like 'oh I can write on this' and 'oh I can write on that'. You just got to open the tap and let the water flow.



6 comments:

  1. Free writing is therapeutic and fun. A writer is never at a loss for words.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So true ...Free writes are also very relaxing you know!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yah, they really help in settling your thoughts out!

      Delete
  3. Absolutely true. So many times, I started clueless and got done with decent work, be it poems or stories.
    Congrats for the new Mac and it's something on my list:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good tip !. If you do this first thing in the morning, then it qualifies as 'morning pages' -- a tool popularised by Julia Cameron in her books on creativity: 'The Artist's Way' and 'The Vein of Gold'

    ReplyDelete